Saturday 19 April 2014

Holy week; Holy Saturday



Low in the grave he lay, Jesus my saviour.


Today I don't want to write much. I watched a short clip this morning from 24/7 Prayer, whose lent series I have been following this year, and It said, pretty much everything I would want to say. So below you will find a link to that clip, please watch it and afford Pete Grieg the space you would have afforded me. He is much more worthy of it and it only lasts a few minutes.

Before I go, I just want to say that I concur completely with what Pete says. We so often want to rush from Good Friday to Easter Sunday. But I think it is so important to dwell on the Saturday experience. We forget, because of how significant the cross is to us in saving us, what a shattering blow it is. The silence of heaven after the death of its champion speaks as strongly as the cross itself. Judgement has been met. Our sin has caused the heaviest of prices to be paid. Before we embrace the hope and power of resurrection we need to sit with that for a while.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2gX_fMa44E



No comments:

Post a Comment

From Stable to Table

From Stable To Table The famine of the Word of God, Finished: The word in full: Supplied, The Word fulfilled, The Word made flesh  Jehovah J...