Friday 8 December 2023

Making An Entrance

   Making an Entrance

 

His next big entrance
Will be a real showstopper,
The trumpet resounding
Summoning all
Of Heaven
And Nature
To the Final act,


Every eye will see
And many will wish they hadn't,
The sun will melt
And the moon will wain,
Like blood red wax
As heaven and earth
And the old order
Pass away
On the great and terrible day
Of his coming.


Those who pierced him
Will look on him
And be pricked
To the quick


The dead will rise
To the meet the triumphant angels
In the skies
And his voice
Will be the thunderous
Sound-Of-Many-Waters
And his face shall shine
Like lightening.


The Son of God
Sure can make an entrance,


But at the event
Of his advent
No ear can hear his coming
As if on tip toes
He creeps into the stable,
Through the stage side-door,
Bare,
And
Barely noticed,
Unremarkable;
He could be anyone.

But then The super-natural God
Makes a habit
Of inhabiting the ordinary.

And, In a way,
Between making these two entrances
He made millions of entrances,
Making selective incisions
Into lives
Into hearts,
And
As the dear Christ enters in,
He made an entrance
For all to come
As top to bottom
He tore the veil,
And made an entrance.



Reflection: I am The Door


In John 10:9  Jesus spelled it out for us.  I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 

I would be lying if I said that I had this verse in mind when I wrote this poem. If it influenced me then perhaps it was subconscious. It just struck me at the time of writing that that this phrase 'he can make an entrance' could be 
multi-layered. And Jesus' initial entrance, could be seen as a little underwhelming from a certain perspective, though, as I hope I have displayed here, and in my other poems, it was anything but.

To start with, I wanted to highlight the contrast between the two advents. (He has come, and IS coming). That you may have missed the first but you certainly won't miss the second.

But as I wrote I realised that making entrances is what he does

He makes a way where there was is no way (Is 43:16). He opened up the way for everyone who believes in him, even those who didn't believe in him. He opened The Way, when he tore the curtain in the temple. He Is THE WAY. 

And then this morning I read this verse in John. He himself is the door. An actual portal. He does not simply stand at the door and knock. He is the door. And if we enter in by him, we will be saved. Hallelujah.


~Scripture~

I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. ~John 10:9-10

“Look, he is coming with the clouds,” and “every eye will see him, even those who pierced him"; and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.” So shall it be! Amen. ~Rev 1:7

At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom. The earth shook, the rocks split ~Matt 27:51#




No comments:

Post a Comment

From Stable to Table

From Stable To Table The famine of the Word of God, Finished: The word in full: Supplied, The Word fulfilled, The Word made flesh  Jehovah J...