Sunday 20 November 2016

Mission Worship

So, this morning,  after my weekend away at the worship conference 'Mission Worship', I want to take some moments aside from Romans to reflect on some of the themes I am taking home with me from that conference.
 
I attended the Conference with a group of friends from the local Baptist Church.  They are all involved in some capacity in the worship ministry of that church. I am not involved in that way in mine,  but the nature of the conference is such that any christian could come and get a lot out of it.
I may not be a musical worship leader,  but I am a worshipper.  As are all God's children.
And a distinction was bought in the teaching of the conference itself between the word 'worship' and the act of worshipping through music.
 
In our congregation my pastor will often point out that when the singing is over and we are moving into the sermon time,  that we will now be worshipping by listening to the word.
Sung worship is just one aspect of our life of worship.
 
Because to the Christian, all things are worship.
 
All things are through Him and by Him and to Him and For Him.
In reading this now, you are as much in worship as you were at the highest point of your Sunday service.
He is the source of all things and every good gift comes from Him.
And we are told,
 
I will bless the Lord at all times,
His praise will continually be on my lips.
 
This thankfulness and praising is to be a lifestyle rather than a practice we occasionally indulge in.
And as Chris Bowater told us,  he gives us 'songs in the night'.
 
There is a song that we sing in the darkness while we await the dawn. And those songs are precious.  That praise is priceless.
 
As Chris pointed out,  there are songs we sing because of the victory, and then there are songs that
bring the victory.
 
Today, in all things, Whatever you do,  I urge you,  give thinks and praise for all things.  Let His praise be continually on your lips.
 
And when things are good, never become enamoured of the gift apart from the giver.
He is the source,  your heavenly Father.
 
May he give you songs of praise today,  sung and unsung,  verbal and non verbal,
 
In Jesus name,
 
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Stable to Table

From Stable To Table The famine of the Word of God, Finished: The word in full: Supplied, The Word fulfilled, The Word made flesh  Jehovah J...